Friday, March 23, 2012

BIBLICAL PROSPERITY

Psalm 118: 8, 9
It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man, it is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes.

Psalm 118 is in the exact middle of the Bible and verse 8 is the verse that is in the middle. GOD has a way of causing us to focus on the truth in very interesting ways. Notice what He says and then repeats it. "It is better to trust in the LORD." The way to prosperity is to put your trust in the LORD rather than the counsel of man or politicians.

Confidence means trust or reliance on self or others. When we put our trust in man or in princes (politicians), we run the risk of failure. When we put our trust in the LORD and follow His ways, we are sure of success. Therefore, Biblical prosperity begins and ends in the LORD GOD who is the Alpha and the Omega.

In my experience, when I go to a person or place my confidence in a politician, I find that they tell me what I want to hear, so I go away feeling justified in my thoughts whether they are right or wrong. When I go to the LORD, He gives me direction that is sure and right, I can follow His way with confidence all of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment