Sunday, March 13, 2011

VICTORIOUS LIVING - PART 3

Monday, March 14, 2011
Psalm 34: 1-3
I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make her boast in the LORD; the humble shall hear of it, and be glad. Oh, magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt His Name together.

I found some wonderful notes in the Tehillim, written by some of the ancient Rabbis, I will quote them for you to ponder.

"David's...experience and his miraculous escape (from death), taught him that under no circumstances should one complain against GOD, for all His ways are infused with kindness and mercy."(Sforno). "Even in times of tragedy I realize that there is reason to bless GOD..." (Kedushas Levi). "The blessings of GOD are so sweet to my tongue, that even after the words are concluded the taste of the praise lingers." (Eretz Hachaim).

The words: bless, praise, boast, glad, magnify, and exalt; carry the same understanding, that of high praise. When we bless GOD, we praise Him; when we boast about the LORD and His righteousness, we praise Him; when we are glad, we praise; when we magnify the LORD, we praise Him, and when we exalt His name, we praise Him.

So, in times of trial, tragedy, tumult, terror, OR joy, gladness, miracles and rest,
Together, Let us praise the Name of the LORD

No comments:

Post a Comment