Monday, June 14, 2010

DREAMS AND VISIONS

Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Psalm 56:9
When I cry unto Thee, then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know; for GOD is for me.

You might be asking what this verse has to do with dreams and visions. I asked this question when I read the Psalm. As I thought it through, I realized that the time of my deep crying out to GOD happens when I am about to go to sleep or when I wake up in the middle of the night. In the quietness of the night, I can commune with GOD in a way that I find hard during the day. So the Psalmist is being very real in his tears and his fears. He has such a deep relationship with GOD that he pours out his heart in tears and weeping.

Notice his statement of faith: "then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know; for GOD is for me". There is no doubt that the LORD will act on his behalf and turn back the enemies. Even before there is tangible evidence that the LORD has acted, the Psalmist makes a statement of faith: "I know".

Do you know the love of GOD for you? Do you have the confidence to say: "I know; for GOD is for me"? When the enemy of your soul is attacking like a ravenous lion, do you cry out to the LORD from your heart and then make a faith statement: "then shall my enemies turn back"? The fact is that the LORD GOD is on our side, defending us from all evil persons, places or deeds. So we can thank and praise Him in advance, resting in the promises of GOD with the sure knowledge that
GOD IS FOR ME

No comments:

Post a Comment