Saturday, June 12, 2010

DREAMS AND VISIONS

Saturday, June 12,2010
I Kings 3: 5,7-9,11-14
In Gibeon the LORD appeared to Solomon in a dream by night; and GOD said, Ask what I shall give thee... O LORD my GOD, Thou hast made Thy servant king instead of David, my father; and I am but a little child: I know not how to go out or come in. And thy servant is in the midst of Thy people whom Thou hast chosen, a great people, who cannot be numbered or counted for multitude. Give, therefore, Thy servant an understanding heart to judge Thy people, that I may discern between good and bad. For who is able to judge this Thy great people?... And GOD said unto him, Because thou hast asked this thing, and hast not asked for thyself long life; neither hast asked riches for thyself, not hast asked the life of thine enemies, but hast asked for thyself understanding to discern justice, Behold, I have done according to thy words: lo, I have given thee a wise and an understanding heart, so that there was none like thee before thee, neither after thee shall any arise like unto thee. And I have also given thee that which thou hast not asked, both riches, and honor, so that there shall not be any among the kings like unto thee all thy days. And if thou wilt walk in My ways, to keep to keep My statutes, and My commandments, as Thy father David, did walk, then I will lengthen thy days.

GOD spoke to Solomon in a dream, Solomon answered GOD in a dream, GOD gave Solomon a promise and a condition, in a dream. This is very significant, because, in our dream-life we speak from the heart, not from the filters of the mind. What Solomon said to GOD was real, unfiltered, honest. He said that he was "a little child" not able to go or come without help. Solomon wanted only an "understanding heart" so that he could judge rightly the people of GOD. Verse 10 says: And the speech pleased the LORD, that Solomon had asked this thing.
GOD gave Solomon what he asked and gave him what he didn't ask, all in abundance. Was this really a dream from GOD? the proof is that it came true. This "little child" grew in wisdom and was know throughout the world as the "wise king". GOD allowed him to build the Temple and GOD came and dwelt in that Temple which was dedicated to GOD alone. The Queen of Sheba came a long distance to seek spiritual council and guidance to rule her people.
Yes, the dream did come from GOD and was fulfilled by GOD in great abundance. GOD received great Glory.

The conditional part of the dream said that all this grandeur would be for Solomon IF he "walked in MY ways; keep My statues and My commandments" . In I Kings 11, we find that Solomon disobeyed GOD'S laws and the Solomon dies and the kingdom is divided.

Dreams from GOD are wonderful, exciting, truthful, confirmed by Scripture, anointed by GOD and unfold as He has shown in the dream. However, THIS IS HIS WORK THROUGH US AND TO HIM BELONGS THE GLORY.
Dreams and visions from GOD are real. Humility and obedience to GOD make the real a reality.
Remember this: DO NOT EVER TOUCH THE GLORY OF GOD. THE GLORY BELONGS TO HIM AND TO THE LORD ALONE

No comments:

Post a Comment