Sunday, May 23, 2010

PROMISED ANOINTING

Monday, May 24, 2010
Psalm 89: 20-24
I have found David, my servant; with My holy Oil have I anointed him. With whom My hand shall be established; Mine arm also shall strengthen him. The enemy shall not exact from him, nor the son of wickedness afflict him. And I will beat down his foes before his face, and plague those who hate him. But My faithfulness and My mercy shall be with him; and in My Name, shall his horn be exalted.

The anointing is on all who call upon the Name of the Lord and are saved.

Re read the verses of the Psalm again and put your name in place of David. The Covenant which the LORD GOD made with David, is the same Covenant God has made with those who put their trust in the LORD. JESUS sealed that Covenant through His entire life. JESUS was born as an offspring of the House of David. JESUS, was a Jew and the bearer of the marks of the Covenant with GOD. JESUS fulfilled all the terms of the Covenant, even the term of sacrifice for sin. JESUS was the perfect offering for our sin. JESUS is now the mediator of the New Covenant signed and sealed with His own Blood.

Those who are born again, are enfolded in the New Covenant and are anointed by the Holy Oil of GOD's Holy Spirit. Look again at the verses 21-24. These verses contain the promise to all who are born again:
1.GOD's Arm shall be established through us, 2. His Arm shall strengthen us; 3. The enemy can not rob us or afflict us. 4. GOD will beat down the foes; 5. Those who hate us will be tormented; 6. Faithfulness and mercy of GOD will be with us; 7. GOD has given us His Name; 8. By his Name we shall be raised up.

WOW! What a promise from GOD!! It goes on to say: "He shall cry unto me, 'Thou art my father, my GOD, and the Rock of my salvation'. " (Verse 26). We are part of the family of GOD and can call him Father, GOD and the Rock of our salvation.

GOD has entered into Covenant with us who believe in Him. He upholds the terms of that Covenant eternally;
LET'S STRIVE TO UPHOLD OUR PART, WITH LOVE AND GRATITUDE FOR ALL HE HAS DONE FOR US.

No comments:

Post a Comment