Friday, May 21, 2010

THE POWER OF PRAISE-opens doors

Saturday, May 22, 2010
Psalm 40:1-3
I waited patiently for the LORD, and He inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And He hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our GOD; many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.
PRAISE OPENS THE DOOR OF SALVATION
Everything good comes from the LORD. My part is to wait patiently for Him. This sounds very simple, and it is simple, but it takes waiting. Waiting is hard, when you have a passion for the outcome. You are sick, and the Scripture says, "wait patiently for the LORD". You are facing ruin, financially and socially, and the Scripture says, "wait patiently for the LORD". The pain in the stomach, the agony of the unknown, terror by day and night, all seek to disturb your peace and give you sleepless nights. The Scripture says, "wait patiently for the LORD".

The story of Peter jumping out of his boat and walking on water gives us a hint about waiting patiently for the LORD. Jesus called Peter to come to Him, by walking on the water; Peter kept his eyes on Jesus and came, walking on the water; Peter began to sink when he took his eyes off of Jesus and looked at the storm; Jesus took Peter's hand and saved him from drowning.

Settle it in your heart to keep your eyes on Jesus, no matter what the storm. Remember, He is the author and finisher of our salvation and from Him comes everything that is good. Wait patiently for the LORD.

When I was reading these verses, something struck me about praise. Praise comes from the LORD and we return that praise to Him. "He put the new song in our heart; even praise unto our GOD". We didn't initiate the praise, He did. Think about the fact that your praise of Him, comes from Him. The next line of the 3rd verse tells us why: others see the praise and are brought to Him and are saved. Our praise of GOD is His life-line for others. Do you ever think about how you could bring the lost to Christ? Praise the LORD; sing praises to Him who is the Rock of my countenance and my GOD. Others will see and fear Him and put their trust in Him.

ALL THINGS COME OF THEE, O LORD. WE PRAISE YOUR HOLY NAME.

No comments:

Post a Comment