Sunday, April 25, 2010

THE POWER OF PRAISE

Monday, April 26,2010
Psalm 34:1-3
I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make her boast in the LORD; the humble shall hear of it, and be glad. Oh, magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt His name together.
Praise has a progression which depends on the condition of the heart. Some will praise GOD only in good times; some will praise daily; some nightly; some weekly; some six times a day. It all depends on the focus of the heart. If I am serving the LORD with my whole heart, not a divided heart which tries to serves GOD and mammon,"I will praise the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.". If I am serving with a divided heart, I will praise the LORD when I think about Him or when I am in the company of worshippers of GOD. It is very profitable for us to be continually checking out heart-focus to see where we are in relationship to GOD. Those who have their heart fixed on the LORD will utter praise without ceasing.

Psalm 1 tells us that we are to walk not in the council of the ungodly or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of the scornful. Our delight is to be in the LORD, the maker of heaven and earth. When we delight in HIM, He will receive our praises and bless us with abundance. The people with whom we are associated make a difference in how we focus our heart. The environment has a strong effect on our praise. It takes strength to stay focused on GOD in an ungodly setting. Choose your company wisely, choose those who give Godly council and strengthen you in all goodness. Choose wisely, beloved.

Remember that Praise is: 1. Commanded by GOD; 2. Glorifies God; 3. Pleases GOD; 4. Progresses to higher levels; 5. A weapon; 6. Opens doors.

LET US PRAISE AND EXALT HIS NAME TOGETHER

No comments:

Post a Comment