Thursday, April 1, 2010

HOLY WEEK

Thursday, April 1,2010
Luke 22:14-20
And when the hour was come, He sat down, and the twelve apostles with Him. And He said unto them, "With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer; for I say unto you, I will not any more eat of it, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of GOD". And He took the cup and gave thanks, and said,"Take this, and divide it among yourselves; for I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of GOD shall come". And He took bread, and gave thanks, and broke it, and gave unto them saying,"This is My body which is given for you; this do in remembrance of Me." Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new Testament in My Blood, which is shed for you".
Behold, the Lamb of GOD who takest away the sin of the world!
Behold the Body broken for us!
Behold the Blood of JESUS who is the Atonement.
The Passover is fulfilled in the Kingdom of GOD by the Pascal Lamb - JESUS -slain, and His Blood poured out on the ground, the people and carried into the Holy of Holies in the Temple, not made with Hands, in the Heavens, and poured out on the Mercy seat in the High Altar. The Blood of JESUS is our Atonement, we are bought with the price of His Holy Blood and are brought into Holy Communion with Him. This is not by any act of ours, but by His unconditional Love for us. This is the willing sacrifice of JESUS for the salvation of us all.
HIS LOVE REACHES OUT TO US; TAKE AND RECEIVE HIS LOVE.
IT IS A FREE GIFT FROM GOD

No comments:

Post a Comment