Friday, February 18, 2011

GUARDIAN ANGELS

Friday, February 18, 2011
Hebrews 13:1,2
Let brotherly love continue, be not forgetful to entertain strangers; for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

GUARDIAN ANGELS STRENGTHEN GOD'S PEOPLE

"Let brotherly love continue", these words should be on every place in our home and written in our heart. The word "continue" gives us the understanding that it should never stop. Love is of GOD and everyone who loves is begotten of GOD and knows GOD. So, to "continue" in love, means that we are to live in GOD all the time, showering the world with His love. ISN'T THIS WHAT JESUS TAUGHT US!

I grew up in Philadelphia and was taught, as a child to be afraid of strangers. I went to a Church that did not lock it's doors, in case a stranger needed to enter and find hope in the LORD. Between these two ways of thinking, one of fear, the other of the open door, I learned to "be careful", yet "open". What I did not see, until I was older, was that "fearful openness" is not love. So, I have changed. I have learned that GODLY openness in love means that there is the protection of GOD, a fortress of His guards surrounding me and working GODLY love through me.

My God Mother, in Philadelphia, believed this so deeply that she always had ice cream and cookies made, in case a stranger would come to her door. She kept a pantry of food, in case a stranger came and was in need of food. Her home was always ready and her heart was always welcoming. She told me one time that she would pray, "LORD send a stranger to me today, so that I can give them Your love." He brother and His wife (William and Anna Benner Britten) lived down the street. Often, they would entertain strangers with a love that transformed hurting hearts to the love and healing of GOD. No one went away without knowing the love of JESUS.

LORD, MAKE US INSTRUMENTS OF YOUR LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment