Sunday, February 13, 2011

GUARDIAN ANGELS

Monday, February 14, 2011
Matthew 18:10
Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you that in heaven their angels do always behold the face of My Father who is in heaven.

EVERY BELIEVER HAS A GUARDIAN ANGEL SENT FROM GOD

Until now, I had thought that this verse and the verses about offending little ones had to do with children, little children. I could never understand when a person would become too old to have a guardian angel. "Am I too old to have an angel who beholds the face of GOD?" NO!

The Pastor said something today that touched my heart; he said that we are children of GOD and therefor our angel watches over us and gives us messages from GOD, whose face they behold. WOW! I am never too old to have a guardian angel, who is with me.

When I worked in Long Term Care, I had a patient who had been a Bible teacher for 50 years. She was now in her 90s. One day she said something that I have quoted often to people who are sad that they are getting older. She said,"If you are not as old as GOD, you are His little child." If we are His "little child", then He has given an assignment to an angel to keep watch over us and report to Him how we are doing. If we are in need, GOD answers; if we are in prayer for a concern, the angel carries that concern to GOD and He responds.

Do you remember Jacob's ladder? The angels were ascending and descending up and down the ladder that reached from heaven to earth and earth to heaven. Could it be the ladder that our guardian angels use?

WE ARE SURROUNDED BY THE GREAT HOST OF HEAVEN, WATCHING AND CARING FOR THE CHILDREN OF GOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment