Monday, January 30, 2012

GROWING IN CHRIST-PART 3

Psalm 119: 9-16
Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed thereto according to Thy Word. With my whole heart have I sought thee; oh, let me not wander from Thy commandments. Thy Word have I hidden in mine heart, that I might not sin against Thee. Blessed art Thou, O LORD; teach me Thy statutes. With my lips have I declared all the ordinances of Thy mouth, I have rejoiced in the way of Thy testimonies, as much as in all riches. I will meditate in Thy precepts, and have respect unto Thy ways. I will delight myself in Thy statutes; I will not forget Thy Word.

This series of verses from Psalm 119 are very clear about how a person can grow up into the Way of Christ. There are steps in these verses that, when followed, will lead to a deeper and deeper relationship with GOD. The answer to the question,"Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way?" is very clear and direct.
1. take heed to the Word of the LORD.
2. Seek the LORD with your whole heart.
3. Hide the Word in your heart.
4. Be open to the LORD teaching His Word to you.
5. Speak the Word only.
6. Rejoice in the way of the LORD.
7. Meditate and have respect for the ways of the LORD.
8. Remember the Word, and delight in it.

In our day and time, it is very important for each of us to take these points very seriously and not to neglect the holy Scripture. The Holy Scripture is the Word of the LORD for each of us and is a life-line in the time of need. There are many who perish because of a lack of knowledge; even more perish because of a lack of the knowledge of Scripture. Take the Scripture down from its shelf, dust it off and make a pledge to read it daily, meditate on it day and night and feast on its riches. It will feed your soul and spirit in the time of famine and drought.

No comments:

Post a Comment