Saturday, December 31, 2011

THE BIRTH OF CHRIST- WHO IS JESUS?

John 15: 1, 2, 4, 5
I AM the vine, My Father is the vine dresser, every branch in me that beareth not fruit He taketh away; and He purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit... abide in ME, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine, no more can ye, except ye abide in Me. I AM the vine, ye are the branches. He that abideth in Me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit; for without me ye can do nothing.

JESUS IS THE VINE

JESUS says that we must "abide" in Him, in order to bear "much fruit". The word "abide" means to live or dwell in a place. JESUS invites us to come and dwell in HIM and He in us. He doesn't say "dwell with me", He says "abide (dwell) in Me, and I in you." He desires the most intimate relationship with us. He wants to be a part of every cell of our life: Body, Soul and Spirit. In this way, the branches of the vine (us) will bear much fruit, to the glory of GOD.

The fruit from the vine is for the nourishment of others. The more fruit that we bear, the more people are touched and saved by GOD. The fruit that they receive from us is nine-fold: love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, gentleness, meekness, faith, long-suffering (temperance). The person who manifests the fruit of the Spirit of GOD and the person who receives that fruit, all give glory to GOD.

THIS IS WHAT OUR LIFE IS ALL ABOUT, GIVING GLORY TO GOD
IN THIS NEW YEAR, MAY YOU BEAR MUCH FRUIT AND GLORIFY YOUR FATHER IN HEAVEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment