Tuesday, June 28, 2011

WAITING ON GOD

Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Psalm 52: 9
I will praise Thee forever, because Thou hast done it; and I will wait on Thy Name; for it is good before Thy saints.

Psalm 123:1 reminds us to lift up our eyes to the LORD, who dwells in the heavens, rather than looking at the ground or at our self, when times of trial are upon us. The real test of our courage is in our thinking; do we praise the LORD and lift up our eyes to behold Him? or Do we look at the ground and bemoan our awful condition, cursing our circumstances?

The Scripture reminds us that GOD has already done it, already fixed our circumstances and spoken favor on us, all we need to do is "walk it out". Do we have the courage to trust in GOD and know that He has already spoken a promise and favor over us? Do we have the courage to walk in the promises of GOD without seeing the result? Do we "wait on His Name"?

Job lost everything he held dear; family, friends, wealth, health and the respect of his society. In the midst of his torment, He said: "Thou He slay me, yet will I trust Him. (Job 13:15). Job also said: "I know that my redeemer liveth and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth; and though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see GOD." (Job 19:25,26). Job was a man of GOD who looked up and lived. He didn't look down and fall.

There is another point that could be overlooked, people are watching to see how we deal with trials of life. Our courage in the LORD, testifies of His greatness, His faithfulness and His love. Our life bears more witness than all the words we could ever speak. There is an old saying: "Your life speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you are saying." May our life proclaim the greatness of the LORD in the land of the living.

LOOK UP AND LIVE; BELIEVE ON HIS NAME; AND HE WILL GIVE YOU HIS FAVOR. WAIT ON THE LORD AND BE OF GOOD COURAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment