Friday, June 3, 2011

REMEMBER TO PRAISE - PART 2

Friday, June 3, 2011
Psalm 18: 2, 3
The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my GOD, my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised; so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

THE LORD DELIVERS HIS PEOPLE

This is one of my favorite Psalms, because it strengthens my faith in the time of trouble and prepares me, with strength, to meet those unknown trials. I am reminded to confess in my heart that the LORD is my Rock, fortress, deliverer, strength,confidence, shield, salvation and high tower. I am reminded that the gate to enter into the stronghold is the gate of praise. The LORD GOD opens the gate of the Temple and we enter into His courts with praise and thanksgiving. In the Temple we are secure. The LORD GOD goes to battle for us and we are saved.

We have all heard about "preventative medicine", keeping our self healthy so that we do not need other medicines for a diagnosis. Well, praise and thanksgiving for the mighty acts of GOD on behalf of His Children; praise and thanksgiving for all that He has done in the creation and redemption of the world; praise and thanksgiving for who HE is, keeps us from falling into darkness. When we are praising the LORD, we are embraced and clothed in light. Where there is light, there is no darkness at all. So, prevent the disease of darkness and despair by putting on the garment of praise, daily, and watch your spiritual health increase. Circumstances do not dictate our spiritual health; thanksgiving and praise, remembering His Holiness and feasting on His Word does dictate our spiritual health.

BLESSED BE THE NAME OF THE LORD; BLESSED BE HIS GLORIOUS NAME FOREVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment