Friday, July 2, 2010

WAITING ON GOD

Saturday July 3, 2010
Psalm 62: 5-8
My soul, wait thou only upon GOD; for my expectation is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved. In GOD is my salvation and my glory, the rock of my strength; my refuge is in GOD. Trust in Him at all times, ye people; pour out your heart before Him. GOD is a refuge for us.

As I write this devotional for today, I realize that this Psalm has two levels of declaration: one is to my own soul and the other is to the people. This tells me that the work of GOD begins with the individual soul and calls that soul to "wait only upon GOD." "My expectation comes from Him", I am established, rooted and grounded in Him. He is the Rock, salvation, glory, strength, refuge, defense and makes me immovable. When this is soundly fixed in my soul, when I know, that I know, that I know, that this is true; I have settled it in my soul and spirit; I am at peace.

Now, I can say with assurance and with out doubt, strongly convinced and founded in GOD: "Trust in Him at all times, ye people; pour out your heart before Him. GOD is a refuge for us."

Are you settle and sure in your heart, soul, mind and spirit that GOD alone is your refuge? Do you turn to GOD before doing anything? Do you look to GOD as a servant looks to his master, or a handmaiden looks to her mistress? Can you say, with King David, "My soul, wait thou only upon GOD"?

Trust in Him at all times, ye people; pour out your heart before Him. God is a refuge for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment