Thursday, July 1, 2010

WAITING ON GOD

Friday, July 2, 2010
Psalm 52: 8,9
I am like a green olive tree in the house of GOD; I trust in the mercy of GOD forever and ever. I will praise Thee forever, because Thou hast done it; and I will wait on Thy Name; for it is good before Thy saints.

I love the image of the green olive tree. When a plant is green, it means that it is healthy and alive; ready to bring forth fruit. The olive tree is the plant that gives the oil for the lamp in the House of GOD. It is the tree that provides the oil for the menorah in the Holy Place. So, if I am like a green olive tree, that means that I am alive and healthy; ready to bring forth the fruit of the Spirit; I am fed by the Holy oil of the Holy Spirit and aglow with light.

How does one become a "green olive tree in the House of GOD"? By trusting in His mercy; by praising the LORD GOD, because He has accomplished everything good; by waiting on the LORD GOD whose Name is Holy. All this is a testimony of faith in GOD, to all people who see the Light of the Glory of GOD shining through the life of the Children of GOD are strengthened. The bright Light encourages others to trust his mercy, praise His Name and wait patiently for Him. We are living examples of the grace and mercy of GOD.

TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL YOUR HEART; PRAISE HIS NAME FOREVER; WAIT PATIENTLY FOR HIM AND HE WILL GIVE YOU YOUR HEART'S DESIRE.


No comments:

Post a Comment