Friday, July 9, 2010

INTERCESSION CHANGES THINGS

Saturday, July 10, 2010
I Samuel 12:19, 23
And all the people said unto Samuel, "Pray for thy servants unto the LORD thy GOD, that we die not; for we have added unto all our sins this evil, to ask for ourselves a king"...Samuel said, "Moreover, as for me, God forbid that I should sin against the LORD in ceasing to pray for you; but I will teach you the good and the right way."

These are hard words. Few of us understand that when we are asked to pray for someone, and we do not honor their request, it is sin. I have learned, over many years, that the life I live in Christ JESUS is very serious. GOD takes life very seriously and expects me to take it seriously also. When a person comes to me and asks for prayer, the best is to stop what I am doing and pray with them right on the spot. If I don't, I am leaving the door open for, what I call, "elapses menti", which means I FORGOT. To forget to pray and interceded for a person who asks, is considered a sin against the LORD.

We have been given an awesome ministry, the ministry of intercession. GOD hears our requests made on behalf of others. Literally, we kneel beside JESUS and pray with Him for the good of another person or Nation. What happens when we don't, we miss the opportunity to unite with JESUS in prayer before the Father; we miss the opportunity to share in the celebration of the majesty of GOD when the LORD answers the request. Our sin against the LORD has consequences, the greatest of which is separation from the work of the LORD.

MY DEAR BROTHERS AND SISTERS, PRAY WITHOUT CEASING; BE INSTANT IN PRAYER; FAITHFULLY INTERCEDE FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
A correction from the yesterday's devotional:
In the story about the prisoners being released from prison under the reign of Idi Amin, I said that it was in the Sudan, this was a mistake, it was in Uganda not the Sudan. Please forgive me for the error.

No comments:

Post a Comment