Monday, July 8, 2013

EXAMINE YOUR SELF

I Corinthians 11: 28; 31
But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

I heard a person admit that they could not think of anything to confess to GOD and ask His forgiveness.  I shuttered to think how much I had to ask GOD to forgive. Then I remembered the story of the Pharisee and the Publican; the publican could not even lift his head but prayed "GOD be merciful to me a sinner". We all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of GOD, therefore we have much to confess to GOD and ask for His forgiveness. The verse in Luke 18:14 says, " He that humbleth himself shall be exalted."

I read a quote that really stuck with me, "Read the Scripture until the Scripture reads you." As I read the Scripture, the Love of JESUS for me brings me to my knees, as I experience the Grace of GOD pouring over my soul. As I remember the mercy of GOD, and let that realization sink deep into my heart, I realize that my love and mercy fall very short of the love and mercy of the LORD. Yet GOD in His Mercy and Love redeemed me by His Body and Blood. I am brought to my knees in adoration of Him.

When we receive the Body and Blood of JESUS in Holy Communion, we receive in our body the Holiness, love and mercy  of JESUS. It is in awe and respect that we take in our hand the precious gift, given by JESUS.
THANKS BE TO GOD

No comments:

Post a Comment