Wednesday, August 1, 2012

TRUST IN GOD -3

Psalm 28: 7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusteth in Him,  and I am helped. Therefore, my heart greatly rejoiceth, and with my song will I praise Him.

SING PRAISE TO THE LORD, SING PRAISES.

When we trust in the LORD with our whole heart and lean not unto our own understanding of things, the LORD becomes our strength and shield. The shield of GOD is a wall of protection, a fortress, a hedge and, in the armor of GOD, it is the shield of faith with which all the fiery darts of the evil on are quenched. We are helped by GOD to win the battles that are before us, when we look to JESUS, who is the author and finisher of our faith. 

The fact that JESUS is my strength, shield and help makes me want to sing praises to Him. When you know that the battles of life are already won for us by the LORD, we can dance and sing from a heart filled with gratitude for what the LORD has done. Do you have a song of praise that you sing to GOD from your heart?   Many have said that they can't sing, so they do not try to sing praise songs; well, let me tell you about 3 monotone boys in my Church choir some years ago. These boys sang louder than all the rest of the 54 children. Their one note was so loud that the congregation wanted me to excuse them from the choir, because they were destroying the songs. The LORD told me that, "a heart that sings unto the LORD is beautiful music to Him." I kept the 3 boys in the choir to show others that the heart that sings to the LORD is beautiful music. These boys went to camp for the summer and when they came back, they had found their voice - they were featured soloists that next year. 

Do not say, " I can't sing praise to GOD". Sing with your heart and give to Him the praise due His Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment