Friday, August 24, 2012

MIRACLES AND THE GOSPEL

Romans 15: 18, 19
For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient by word and deed, through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of GOD, so from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.

I turned to the NIV translation for a clearer understanding of verse 18. It reads,"I will not venture to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me in leading the Gentiles to obey GOD by what I have said and done-by the power of signs and miracles, through the power of the Spirit." What Paul is saying, has a lot to say to us about our ministry and our preaching, we should only speak what the Spirit gives us to speak and He will convince the hearers of what He has purposed for the words. Our testimony is what GOD has done in our life, by the power of His Word, then the door is open for the LORD to show, through signs and wonders, how powerful are His ways and works. 

We are to preach the Gospel of JESUS Christ, then "Let the power fall" as in the day of Pentecost. This way, the glory goes to GOD and all the people will sing the praises of the LORD GOD. Our job is to point to Him, by our words and our deeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment