Friday, August 17, 2012

EFFECTIVE, FERVENT PRAYER

Psalm 119: 9-11
Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed according to Thy Word. With my whole heart have I sought Thee; oh, let me not wander from Thy Commandments. Thy Word have I hidden in mine heart, that I might not sin against Thee.

WITH MY WHOLE HEART I SEEK THEE, O LORD.

A friend of mine once told me, that "before I go to the LORD in prayer, I should take my spiritual broom and clear away everything that stood between me a GOD". There are mountains of things that distract from our vision of GOD; work concerns, personality concerns, addictions, and other life worries. All these things keep us from a clear vision of GOD and praying with the whole heart.

The Psalms help us to clear out the distractions and focus on GOD alone. "How shall a young man cleanse his ways? By taking heed according to Thy Word". When we "take heed" we pay strict attention to what the LORD is saying in His Word.  Meditation on the Word of GOD clears out the distractions and focuses the heart and mind on the things of GOD. When we pray according to His Word, we are standing with Him in His Word.

There is a key to effective and fervent prayer that should be a part of daily communion with GOD, "Thy Word have I hidden in mine heart, that I might not sin against Thee." This key opens the windows of heaven, because GOD always responds to His Word. We are to remind GOD of what He said, thus activating the response of Divine favor.

PRAY ACCORDING TO THE WORD OF GOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment