Thursday, October 13, 2011

PRAYER VICTORY/PREVENTS DEFEAT

Friday, October 14, 2011
Psalm 18: 3
I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised; so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

Salvation is the result of praise

I turned to the Rabbinical commentary on this verse, to look for the ancient understanding of these words. What I found is so important for us to hear that I want to quote from the
Tehillim page 215.

Hear the words of Rashi; "With praises I call out to Him and pray before Him. In other words, even before the victory and salvation, already I praise GOD as if the victory was an accomplished fact."

Hear the words of Rashi, Radak and Metzudas David: "According to Rashi this explains why David called out in advance to declare GOD'S praises; It is because he had total confidence in the future salvation from the enemy. Radak and Metzudas David translate the verse 'and am saved from my enemies' as 'after I call out the praises of HASHEM, then I will certainly be saved'. Thus, salvation is a result, not a cause of the praise."

Victory in JESUS comes through that abiding faith that the LORD will deliver us from the snare of the enemy, so we thank Him before it is visible and praise Him for what He has already accomplished. Such faith gives voice to the reality of the mighty acts of GOD on behalf of His Children. He has done such works in the past and will continue to provide for His Children forever.

WE ARE VICTORIOUS THROUGH JESUS,OUR SAVIOR.

No comments:

Post a Comment