Thursday, October 6, 2011

PRAYER BRINGS PROVISION

Friday, October 7, 2011
Psalm 37: 25, 26
I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed.

This verse in Psalm 37, brings hope to those who are struggling. In my life, I have been young and now I am old and I have not seen the righteous forsaken nor his seed begging bread. Yes, I have seen righteous people poor in earthly goods and their children poor, but I have seen great richness in their spirit, as they praised GOD for providing their daily bread. What was the difference between their earthly poverty and their heavenly riches? The difference was that the relationship that they had with GOD, brought an abundance of joyful prosperity in the middle of earthly poverty. The riches were of the Kingdom of GOD, and as King, He supplied what they needed for wholeness.

The most giving people that I know are those who have the least in earthly goods. The best Scriptural example is the widow who gave her last mite to the LORD. She gave all she had to the worship of GOD and He blessed her. The blessing of GOD does not stop with the generous person, it extends to the seed of that person, their children.

Be merciful and lend to others and you and your seed will be blessed. In this, I want to do a motive check. Is your motive for giving done because you will get a blessing? or Is your motive for giving a heart that is merciful and full of love; so you give out of your heart? Those who give from the heart, are those who know GOD and His motive for giving.

GOD GIVES BECAUSE HE LOVES; WE GIVE BECAUSE WE LOVE HIM AND WHAT HE LOVES

No comments:

Post a Comment