Sunday, October 23, 2011

ALMS GIVING

October 23, 2011
Matthew 6:1-4
Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen by them; otherwise ye have no reward of your Father, who is in heaven. Therefore, when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory from men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth, that thine alms may be in secret; and thy Father, who seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.

In the Old Testament, the tithe and alms were by law; 10% tithe and giving to the poor out of the 90%. In the New Testament, tithe and alms come from the heart. Ask yourself, "Do I love JESUS more than earthly mammon?" Also, ask yourself, "who gave me everything that I have? Do I really own anything or has everything been given to me?"

There is a prayer that really speaks to this and touches my heart whenever I pray it, "All things come of Thee, O LORD, and of Thine own have I given Thee." Alms giving is giving unto the LORD. "Whatsoever you do to the least of the brethren, that you do unto Me." JESUS said.

If all things come from the LORD, then the glory for giving is glory due His Name. We are the hands and feet of Christ in this world. He supplies the needs of the poor through us. If we do not give, we are robbing JESUS of His supply to the needy. This is abundantly serious.

The first words of this passage of Scripture tells us how seriously GOD takes Alms giving, JESUS says, "Take Heed" take this very seriously and take it to your heart.

WHATSOEVER YOU DO TO THE LEAST OF THE BRETHREN, THAT YOU DO UNTO THE LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment