Friday, October 7, 2011

PRAYER BRINGS PROVISION

Saturday, October 8, 2011
YOM KIPPUR DAY
I Peter 5:7
Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you.

I am a fisherman; I love to fish. The quiet, peace and sensitivity that it takes to catch a fickle fish, speaks to me of the spiritual life. As I sit in my boat, with the line in the water, I know that any movement or sound will scare away the fish; so I sit in silence, with my finger on the line, waiting for that little tug that signals a nibble. I wait, listen, feel, sense and anticipate a sign of activity.

When I first put my line in the water, I cast it out to a spot and let it settle down into the water. The act of casting, is mentioned in this verse. When you cast, you let the "lure", on the end of your line, fly away. You cast it far from you and watch it go far from your sight. This is what "casting all your care upon JESUS" is all about. We throw all of our cares far out of sight into the deep water of the Love of JESUS. Then we listen, quietly, peacefully awaiting the blessing and word from the LORD. We anticipate His answer to what we care about; we look, in hope, for the word that will calm our fears.

And, in the fullness of time, He gives the answer; THE PATH OF LIFE, THE WAY OF TRUTH lies before us, all we have to do is walk it out. When we are still and silent, without and within, we can hear His voice of Love speaking softly in the center of our heart. He says, "fear not, little flock; it is my good pleasure to give you the Kingdom."

LISTEN, HE IS CALLING TO YOU; BE STILL AND KNOW THAT HE IS GOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment