Wednesday, September 14, 2011

ENCOURAGEMENT THROUGH PRAYER

Thursday, September 15, 2011
I Samuel 12: 23
Moreover, as for me, GOD forbid that I should sin against the LORD in ceasing to pray for you; but I will teach you the good and the right way.

Have you thought that if you don't pray for a person who asks you to pray, that you have sinned against the LORD? This is very serious. A person asks you to pray for them or their loved ones and you say you will, but don't, grieves the Heart of GOD. Those people are precious in His sight and He is with them in their trouble. If you cease to pray as asked, you are saying "no" to GOD.

The "good and right way" is "to fear the LORD and to serve Him in truth with all your heart."(I Samuel 12: 24a). When He calls, say, "Here am I, LORD; your servant is listening". When we call to Him, we expect him to listen to us; how much more should we listen to Him?

Let us decide right now to respond immediately when we are asked to pray for another. Pray just like we, ourselves were in their body; respond the same way we would like for JESUS to respond to us when we ask.

My prayer partners and I try to respond immediately by asking a person "What Scripture are you standing on, so that we can agree with you? or How would you like me to pray with you?" THEN, immediately, begin to pray with them. Whether in person, on the phone, by text or e-mail, pray immediately.

RESPOND IN THE SAME WAY THAT YOU WOULD WANT JESUS TO RESPOND TO YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment