Friday, September 23, 2011

THE BATTLE BELONGS TO THE LORD

Saturday, September 24, 2011
Psalm 55: 16-18
As for me, I will call upon GOD, and the LORD shall save me. Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud, and He shall hear my voice, He hath delivered my soul in peace from the battle that was against me; for there were many with me.

THE BATTLE IS NOT OURS, THE BATTLE BELONGS TO THE LORD.

I love the words,"as for me". These personal words make it more real than indirect statements. I can say with the Psalmist, "As for me, I will call upon GOD, and the LORD shall save me." Yes, as for me and my house, we will call upon the name of the LORD and He will hear us and save us.

In the Hebrew way of looking at a day, evening is the beginning of a new day; morning signals the dawning of the time of day for light and the noon time signals the beginning of the close of the day. So, I can say, I will praise the LORD and cry to Him all day long.

The LORD brings peace to all situations, when we cry out to Him in faith, believing that He is able to win the battles of the day, by His mighty hand. We do not have to fight our own battles against the powers of darkness, all we have to do is yield those battles to the LORD and He will turn hearts and minds and circumstances to the good, for His honor and glory. What could be more powerful than the LORD GOD - Father, Son and Holy Spirit - raising up a standard against the enemy!

THE BATTLE IS NOT OURS; THE BATTLE BELONGS TO THE LORD. YIELD TO JESUS, AND WATCH HIM WORK HIS WONDERS.

No comments:

Post a Comment