Sunday, November 28, 2010

TELL THEM THAT I LOVE THEM

Monday November 29, 2010
John 15:9,10
As the Father hath loved Me, so have I loved you; continue ye in My love. If ye keep My commandments, ye shall abide in My love, even as I have kept My Father's commandments, and abide in His love.

John 17:23
I in them, and Thou in Me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that Thou hast sent Me, and hast loved them, as Thou hast loved me.

I am beginning this week of devotionals with this word from JESUS, "Tell them that I love them". While I was painting a figure of the Nativity, I was pondering the great meaning of thanksgiving to GOD for all the things He has done for humankind. I heard Him say, very clearly, "Tell them that I love them". This is the message from JESUS to all of us. He loves us with the kind of love that is way beyond human understanding. It is so simple, that it confounds the wise in their own mind. Everything that the Father has done, has been done out of love for His creation; the willing sacrifice of JESUS in coming to earth as a baby, living among us and dying to save us, was done out of love. There is nothing that we can do to equal that love. We do not deserve it, nor can we merit it. It is a free gift to all who will receive Him.

Pure love is poured out freely from the Heart of JESUS, we can all receive Him, if we open our heart to Him. The rest is our response to so great a gift. When we keep His commandments, it is our response to His love. When we serve others in His Name, it is a response to His love. Every good thing that we do, is pure response. What can we say to the One who did everything to make our life good? We can thank Him, praise Him, glorify Him and live our life for Him, every moment of every day for the rest of our life.

WHAT I HAVE I GIVE HIM, GIVE HIM MY HEART

No comments:

Post a Comment