Wednesday, November 10, 2010

ALMS GIVING

Thursday, November 11, 2010
VETERAN'S DAY
John 15:13
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatever I command you.

T
oday is Veteran's Day, a day to remember all those who faught for the freedom which we enjoy in this beautiful and blessed country. It was love which lead the men and women to step forward and join the Military to fight and be ready to fight at home and abroad. They laid down their life for their friends out of great love for Country and people.

As I reflect on this day, I find myself remembering the life of JESUS, who said the words I have quoted from the Scripture. Yes, He was a veteran of the war for our souls. He won that war against the enemy of our life, by laying down His own life for us, His friends. His Blood reconciles us to GOD and by his wounds we are healed.

Veterans, everywhere, are part of the fellowship of the suffering of JESUS, who did not cling to His life, but laid it down, so that we might live in perfect freedom through Him.

MAY THE LORD BLESS OUR VETERANS

No comments:

Post a Comment