Thursday, November 18, 2010

HIGH PRAISE

Friday November 19, 2010
Thou art my hiding place; Thou shalt preserve me from trouble; Thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance.

There is an old Hymn called "He Hideth My Soul" with the words by Fannie Crosby. Here are the words to the first verse and the refrain:
A wonderful Savior is JESUS my LORD, a wonderful Savior to me;
He hideth my soul in the cleft of the rock, where rivers of pleasure I see.
He hideth my soul in the cleft of the rock that shadows a dry, thirsty land;
He hideth my life in the depths of His love, and covers me there with His hand, and covers me there with His hand.

As I was writing this, I got a call from my friend in Alabama. Her grandson was found covered in blood and not breathing. He is on the way to the Hospital as I am writing this devotional. His name is Keith. In the time of such trouble the LORD hides us in His hiding place, which is His Heart of Love. He sings over us the songs of deliverance and healing. His song moves through every cell of our life, healing, restoring and delivering us and our loved ones.

This is how the faithful can shout songs of praise during the hardest of times, when things are at their very worst.
As the LORD has little Keith in His Hand, the LORD has all of us sheltered and covered in the "depth of His Love".

PRAY FOR KEITH MCALISTER. STAND ON THE WORD "BY THE STRIPES OF JESUS HE IS HEALED" THE LORD COMFORTS ALL WHO ARE AFRAID AND BRINGS THEM PEACE.
THE PEACE OF THE LORD BE WITH THIS FAMILY

No comments:

Post a Comment