Tuesday, August 3, 2010

LIFESAVER - NAME OF JESUS

Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Colossians 2:8-10
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world and not after Christ. For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily, and ye are complete in him, who is the head of all principalities and powers.

In JESUS we are complete, thoroughly furnished unto good work. We are warned, in this verse from Colossians, not to be drawn away through vain things and traditions of men which are after the rudiments of the world and not of Christ. We are warned in Scripture to shun vain imaginations and everything that exalts itself above Christ. Instead, we are to look to JESUS who is the author and finisher of our faith, who is the fullness of the Godhead (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) in One person, bodily.

When you look at the intelligent reason for putting our whole trust and confidence in JESUS, we see that all truth, all goodness, all power, all wisdom, all is complete and found in JESUS. It would be unwise to put our trust in half truth, rather than the whole truth. I don't know about you, but I want the confidence of knowing that my LORD knows all things and shares all things with me, when I ask. When I want answers to questions, I go to the source; JESUS is the Source, go to Him and find life.

In Him there is no darkness at all, the night and the day are both alike. The Lamb is the light of the city of GOD. Shine in my heart LORD JESUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment