Sunday, August 22, 2010

HEARING THE VOICE OF GOD

Monday, August 23, 2010
Genesis 3:8
And they heard the voice of the LORD GOD walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD GOD among the trees of the garden.

The first principle of hearing is to believe that GOD will speak to you.

Within each of us is the still, small voice of GOD. The voice that calls, calms, claims, comforts, and consoles. The voice that leads, guides, governs and directs, if we will just listen.

There is a challenge that faces each one of us, it is the challenge which faced Adam and Eve when they lived in the beautiful garden of Eden. That challenge is to listen to the voice of GOD and follow exactly what He says. There was another voice in the Garden, a strange voice that questioned and pulled away from the voice of GOD. That strange voice was discernible by its sound and by the questions. This strange voice asked about what GOD had said, therefore it could not have been GOD speaking or it would have said: "I have said".

I guess the real question that we all must ask of ourselves is: "Do you believe that GOD speaks to you?" When we look at the Scripture, Genesis 3:8, we see something interesting, the voice walks in the garden. This tells me that in the garden within my soul, the sound of GOD is walking there. If I come to that garden, deep within, and listen, I can hear His sound and know His voice. But I must be still. Psalm 46: 10 says: Be still and know that I am GOD; when we are still, we will know that He is walking within us, telling us of His Love.

He walks with me and He talks with me, and He tells me I am His own.

No comments:

Post a Comment