Sunday, April 29, 2012

THE BEMA SEAT OF CHRIST

II Corinthians 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that everyone may receive the things done in is body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 

ALL APPEAR; EVERYONE RECEIVE

This is the judgment of the believer's works; not sin. The believer's sins have been atoned for and are remembered no more forever (Hebrews 10:17); but the works of everyone will be judged. Fire will judge the works of a believer; wood, hay and stubble will burn up; gold, silver and precious stones will remain (I Corinthians 3: 11-15). It is at the Bema seat of Christ that rewards are given; those with few or no rewards are still saved and enter into the joy of the LORD (I Corinthians 3:15).

What is a Bema seat? It it the podium and seat for one who gives judgment. It is the judges chair and table in the court of the law. It is like the tennis match referee's seat where he calls the fouls or the points.  It is a raised platform in the ancient Olympics, where the winners were declared and the placement of the finishers. Note: all who ran the race were included. Paul said: " I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith; henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the LORD, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day; and not to me only, but unto all them also that love His appearing." (2 Timothy 4:7,8)

When will this occur? Right after the Rapture of the Believers in JESUS Christ. Those who are Raptured will come with JESUS in His Second Coming. (I Thessalonians. 4:13-18)

COMFORT ONE ANOTHER WITH THESE WORDS: "BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST AND YE SHALL BE SAVED AND YOUR HOUSE."(Acts 16:31).

No comments:

Post a Comment