Friday, November 25, 2011

A FLAME OF LOVE

Colossians 2:6,7
As ye have, therefore, received Christ JESUS the LORD, so walk ye in Him, rooted and built up in Him, and established in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding with thanksgiving.

I received this gift from a friend and thought that I would pass it on to you.
We are a flame of love in this world, brightening up the corners of the hearts of people; giving them light to see through the darkness, to the glorious light of the LORD. We are like little candles of hope, lighting the path for others to see. We are like a touch of warmth in a cold world, giving others the tender touch of JESUS in the heart. BE THE FLAME OF LOVE, BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN CHRIST.

A Flame of Thanks

My Card.JPGIn the literature of the desert Fathers and Mothers there is the story about the monastic who goes to the greatest of all the Mothers and says, “To the best of my ability, I pray,

I fast; I keep my little rule, what more should I do?” And the wise woman answers,

“If you will, you can become all flame!”

On this gray, cold day in late November becoming “all flame” does have a certain appeal and I wonder what she meant and how one could do that? Upon further reflection, I realize that I have known people who certainly seem on fire with a love for life. They radiate warmth in their smiles, in their words, and in their generous kindness that flows over everyone around them. These people can make a cold room warm and a dark space bright by their presence, by the flame within and around them.

What is it that transforms these folks into living flames, into people on fire with a love for life and others? I believe these are the ones who have discovered and embraced the great secret of gratitude. For them, everyone and everything is sheer gift. They take no one and nothing for granted. Their laughter and their love can turn a simple meal into a feast because they view life as filled with abundance and beauty and are always eager to share. They live with a grateful heart that finds reason to rejoice and give thanks at all times and in all places.

This Thanksgiving Season I want to tell you that you are for me a living flame of love and gratitude. I am so grateful that you are in my life. Together let us kindle the fire of gratitude, spread the warmth of love, and create pockets of peace that make us one family, one nation, one universal community of brothers and sisters.

Have a glorious Thanksgiving!

With much love,

Evelyn



No comments:

Post a Comment