Saturday, August 6, 2011

POWER OF INTERCESSION

Saturday, August 6, 2011
I Samuel 12: 23
Moreover, as for me, GOD forbid that I should sin against the LORD in ceasing to pray for you; but I will teach you the good and right way.


It is a sin NOT to pray for others

The thought that I would sin against the LORD, if I didn't pray for a person who asked me, sends chills up and down my spine. This verse is very clear on that subject; it is a sin not to pray for another who is in need.

The call to intercession is a general call to everyone in the Body of Christ. It is a call to join JESUS in His intercession before the Father and by the Holy Spirit unite our spirit with His. To say "no I am too busy to pray" means that there are souls in deep need who will not have an earthly intercessor. If you need to form a list of people to pray for, look around you and see who needs prayer; pick up the newspaper and begin to pray for those in the articles; listen to conversations around you and pray for their needs; go shopping and pray for the people in the store. This way, you will be very busy interceding with JESUS and each soul will benefit by your prayers.

I had a startling experience when I went bowling one day. I was waiting for my turn and the bowler before me was VERY SLOW. I was getting impatient and a little angry, suddenly, the LORD made me aware that everyone in the Bowling Alley was in need of prayer, so I prayed for each of them. I almost missed my turn to bowl, I was so deep in prayer. I will never know why there was such a need for an intercessor, but there must have been a very real need.

Another experience that I had, I will never forget. In around 1976, I was standing in my kitchen when an overwhelming sadness came over me. I knew that the LORD wanted me to be in prayer for a situation that was very important to Him. I prayed and prayed all that day and into the night. The next morning, I asked the LORD what I had been praying about. He showed me the newspaper and said "READ". I opened to an article about 5 men who stormed a prison of condemned men in UGANDA. These five men overpowered the guards and set free 500, sentenced to die, prisoners. Idi Amin's guards were not able to stop the 5 anointed men, because the LORD was with them, the Holy Spirit had empowered them and the Church was praying.
Years later, I met a person who knew that moment, he lived in Uganda and knew some of the condemned prisoners. Later, I met another intercessor who had been in prayer at that same moment, I lived in Virginia at the time, she lived in Arizona. We did not know each other, but the LORD called us to pray.

INTERCEDE, BROTHERS AND SISTERS, THERE ARE MANY WHO ARE IN GREAT NEED OF US TO JOIN JESUS IN INTERCESSION

No comments:

Post a Comment