Friday, August 19, 2011

ENCOURAGEMENT- GOD IS FAITHFUL

Saturday, August 20, 2011
I Thessalonians 5: 24
Faithful is He that calleth you, who also will do it.

In this life, I am always looking for ways to reduce stress. If I get caught up in the flow of the negativity of people, I will sink into despair quickly. When I remember that GOD is in control of all matters and to follow Him is pure delight, then the stress goes away and despair is replaced by joy.

This verse from I Thessalonians has been with me for a very long time. I have come to understand that, when the LORD calls me to a task, He will provide the strength, wisdom and skill to accomplish that task. If things get tedious and it feels like I am trudging through muck and mire, there is something wrong. This is a signal for me to STOP and get on my knees before the LORD asking Him where I went wrong and how to proceed. The LORD gives step by step process and all we have to do is follow.

This verse, also, lets me know that all things come from Him and all I have to do is release to His sovereignty and He will accomplish what He sees has to be done. We struggle and stress over things that He has already accomplished, the stress is of our own choosing and will last as long as we keep fussing over it. Stop fussing and release to GOD, He is faithful to accomplish that which He has called you to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment