Sunday, August 7, 2011

ENCOURAGEMENT

Monday, August 8, 2011
I Thessalonians 5: 11(NIV)
Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

This is a word of encouragement to all of us. We are already building each other up; we are already encouraging one another - ARE WE?

The LORD wants us to be a Barnabas, building up and encouraging everyone to be the best that they can be. "A word of encouragement offered at the right moment can be the difference between finishing well and collapsing along the way. Look around you. Be sensitive to others' need for encouragement, and offer supportive words or actions." (Life Application Bible Commentary, pg. 2582).

I was a long distance runner, many years ago. I remember one 10 mile race; I was feeling very tired and my legs were aching and sore. Everything in me wanted to stop running and quit the race, until, I heard the sound of the crowd along the race route shouting, "come on, you can do it, the race is almost over, one more mile to go, you can do it!!!!!!" They played music and shouted encouragement to me and the other runners. Well, the pain gave way to energy and enthusiasm as I, and the other runners found new life. We finished the race, we kept the faith and we were rejoicing.

That is what encouragement can do, it strengthens, gives life, gives energy, gives hope to those who are in the journey of life that is hard and up hill.
COME ON, YOU CAN DO IT; THE RACE IS ALMOST OVER; ONE MORE MILE TO GO, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment