Thursday, April 28, 2011

RESURRECTION OF JESUS-PART 1

Friday, April 29, 2011
John 20:17
JESUS said, Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my GOD and your GOD.' "

DO NOT HOLD ON TO ME

These words have often puzzled me, but as I pondered them, I found that there is a lot of meaning in those words. First, JESUS wants Mary Magdalene to "Go" and "tell". He does not want her to "hold on to Him" and stay. This is the same message that JESUS gave to Peter, James and John on the Mount of the Transfiguration when they wanted to build booths for JESUS, Moses and Elijah and stay on the Mountain top. There, JESUS told them to "go down from the mountain". This message is for us, the redeemed of GOD, do not hold on to Him, let Him hold you as you go and tell the Good News - JESUS IS ALIVE.

There is another meaning of these words, "Do not hold on to me". In the Priestly ritual, the High Priest washes and puts on clean garments before he enters the Holy of Holies. No unclean person can enter there, because it would defile the Holy Place. JESUS, in His glorified state, was clean and ready to enter into the Holy of Holies in Heaven, bringing His Blood to the Mercy Seat in Atonement for us all. He could not be touched until He completed the task of pouring out His Holy Blood upon the Mercy Seat. As our High Priest, He fulfilled all that was required by the Father GOD for the forgiveness of all of our sins.

Later, JESUS appears to the Disciples in the Upper Room. Again He appeared when Thomas was present and He allowed Thomas to put his hands in the nail holes in His hands and put his hands in JESUS' side. Could it be that between the event of Mary seeing JESUS and the appearance of JESUS with the Disciples, that He carried His Blood into the Holy of Holies in Heaven?

BY HIS BLOOD HE RECONCILED US; BY HIS WOUNDS WE ARE HEALED.

No comments:

Post a Comment