Monday, April 11, 2011

PROSPERITY IN CHRIST

Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

The word "peace" is the same as "prosperity" in the Hebrew. The NIV says "prosper" whereas the KJV says "peace". We need to understand that prosperity does not always relate to finances or physical reward, but it always relates to the spiritual life. GOD has a plan for everyone and that plan includes: peace, hope and a future. This is GOD'S understanding of prosperity.

The enemy of our souls has a plan, too. In John 10:10 we see his plan, it is to kill, steal and destroy. The next part of that verse gives the plan of JESUS, "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." THAT IS PROSPERITY FROM GOD'S VIEW.

As for me and my house, we want to serve the LORD and receive the blessings of peace in JESUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment