Tuesday, September 18, 2012

REVIVAL - 3

I Chronicles 16: 11
Seek the LORD and His strength, seek His face continually.

To "seek" means to strive for or to look earnestly for something. I think about the widow who lost a coin, how she looked earnestly and swept the floor of her house looking for that lost coin and when she found it she rejoiced with her friends. This is the kind of "seeking" we are called to do when we "seek the LORD". Sweep away all those things that block our communion with Him; look high and low for His touch and His look of Love.

We are to seek "His strength"; trying to do things on our own is weak, at best. His strength is all powerful and Almighty. The LORD sees the beginning and the end of everything, therefore, in His strength and His wisdom, the outcome will be perfect.

To "seek His face" is to seek His presence in every moment of your life. Psalm 27: 7, 8 says this, "Hear, LORD, when I cry with my voice; have mercy also upon me, and answer me. When Thou saidst, 'Seek ye My face,' my heart said unto Thee,'Thy face, LORD, will I seek." I see a number of things in these verses from Psalm 27; David is speaking back to GOD the words of GOD, and David is not seeking the hand of GOD He is seeking the very Presence of GOD, His face. When we are in trouble or when we are earnestly desiring communion with GOD we should stand on the Word He has given us in His Scripture. Praying the Word of the LORD is a vital key to effective and fervent prayer. Next, we should pray, not seeking a hand-out, but seeking His presence. When we seek His presence, He will provide all that we need; we must continually seek His presence in our life and in our whole heart. 

The word "continually" means without end. We are to desire JESUS every moment of every day and night; seeking His face, loving and adoring Him with our whole heart.

THIS IS REVIVAL - A NEW LIFE IN CHRIST


No comments:

Post a Comment