Thursday, January 20, 2011

TRUTH ABOUT ANGELS

Friday, January 21, 2011
The Revelation 22:8,9
And I John, saw these things and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel who showed me these things. Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not; for I am thy fellow servant, and thy brethren, the prophets and of them who keep the words of this book. WORSHIP GOD.

Colossians 2:18 says: "Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshiping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind. And not holding the Head, from whom all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increasing with the increase of GOD.

Oh, it is so easy to get puffed up!!!! Just let something wonderful happen, and you know that it is a miracle of GOD, but you run around saying, by your actions, "look what I have done!!" Or you say, in an attempt to be humble, "I didn't do anything!!"

Have you ever had someone do something wonderful for you, and you are so overwhelmed that you put them up on a pedestal and worship them? Have you been given a glimpse of the unseen world, with all the Holy Angels and you worshiped them? Many people have been deceived in this way, by the worship the angels and not GOD alone. The Scripture is very clear. WORSHIP GOD ONLY AND HIM ONLY DO YOU SERVE.

There is a terrific saying from Benedict of Nursia: "If there is any good, give GOD the glory; if anything is amiss, give me credit." If I get the credit for the things that go amiss, then I can bow before the LORD and ask forgiveness and receive His blessing. I am really in the place that I should be, at his feet continually, until He raises me up. "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above and cometh down from the Father of light in whom is no variableness neither shadow of turning". GOD only is good. JESUS said: Why callest thou me good? None is good except one, that is, GOD. (Luke 18:19).

One more thought: when I look into the face of the One who has made all things good. When I look at the willing sacrifice of JESUS for my salvation, by the shedding of His own precious Blood. When I look into the eyes of unconditional love, HOW CAN I STAND?
I BOW BEFORE THE PRESENCE OF THE LIVING, LOVING GOD.

GOD IS GOOD, HIS MERCY IS EVERLASTING AND HIS TRUTH ENDURETH FOREVER

No comments:

Post a Comment