Tuesday, January 18, 2011

TRUTH ABOUT ANGELS

Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Hebrews 13:2
Be not forgetful to entertain strangers; for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

In Genesis 18:2 we have the account of three angels coming to Abraham and he entertained them. "And he lifted up his eyes and looked and lo, three men stood by him; and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground." There were three angels and the presence of the LORD who spoke to Abraham. Abraham was quick to entertain these strangers with great generosity. This hospitality is a great gift from the LORD and it shows the willingness to share and not to count the cost. This is a great sacrifice of love.

Rarely do I give a personal experience to underscore a Spiritual principle, but this time I feel that it will help with the understanding of GOD'S great love in sending "visiting angels".

I had just moved to Virginia from Philadelphia and it was time for Halloween. The night was rainy and cold and no one came to "trick or treat". I was feeling very lonely and I missed the multitude of children who came to our door for a "goody" and quarter. We used to have about 50-75 children each year, in Philadelphia, so I was really missing the event.

The next morning, which was "All Saints day", there came a knock at my door early in the morning, about 9:00am. There stood a little red haired girl dressed in an angel costume, all in white. She said that she could not come to my house last night, but could she have her treat this morning. I was so glad to see a little child that I gave her all of the treats and quarters that I had prepared for other children. She left and I felt such joy, that I sang all day.

I asked around the neighborhood if anyone knew this little girl, because I wanted to thank her and her parents for filling me with such joy and gladness. No one knew the girl or her family, in fact, there were no children at all in the neighborhood. ANYONE SAY ANGEL.

The story does not stop there; many years later, after I had three children of my own, I was traveling to Philadelphia to visit my parents. My three children were in the car with me. We stopped at a stop light and right in front of my car, walked the same little red haired girl, she was holding her fathers hand, she looked right at me and smiled. ANYONE SAY ANGEL.

I tell you this story so that you will know, as I know, that GOD loves you so much that He will send His angels to minister to you, when you need care. JESUS was ministered to by angels during His time on earth. Matthew 4:11 says that the angels ministered to JESUS after He was tempted by the devil in the wilderness. In Luke 22: 43 there is the appearance of an angel to JESUS in the garden of Gethsemane "strengthening Him".

THE LOVE OF GOD IS SO WIDE AND DEEP THAT HE WILL NEVER LEAVE US WITHOUT COMFORT; HE IS WITH US AND HE SENDS HIS ANGELS TO MINISTER TO US.

No comments:

Post a Comment