Tuesday, September 14, 2010

KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH

Wednesday, September 15, 2010
I Timothy 4: 4,5
For every creature of GOD is good, and nothing is to be refused, if it is received with thanksgiving; for it is sanctified by the Word of GOD and prayer.
Psalm 119:42,43
So shall I have wherewith to answer him that reproacheth me; for I trust in Thy Word. And take not the Word of Truth utterly out of my mouth; for I have hoped in thine ordinances.

The letter "Heh" in Hebrew, means "goodness and Truth; the letter "Vav" in Hebrew means "The Word of Truth". The Rabbis understand that GOD created all things with "Heh and Vav". The Holy Name is "Heh, Vav,Heh, Yodh" reading from right to left. When you pronounce the Holy Name, it is pure breath. So, GOD created all things in "goodness and Truth by the Word of Truth". The reason that I mention this is because, in the first reference it says "every creature of GOD is good".

I am struck by the words "sanctified by the Word of GOD and prayer". This is more than "table grace" before a meal. When we pray, with thanksgiving to GOD for our food, we are "setting that food apart for GOD'S use" in our body. We are asking the LORD to make that which we eat Holy and fit to be consumed. This is true with medicine and with dietary supplements. When we receive them with thanksgiving unto GOD, the LORD sets them apart for our good, they are Holy.

We have often heard the words," out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks" (Luke 6:45c), well Psalm 119: 43 is interesting, because it asks GOD not to take the Word of Truth out of the mouth. This means that the Word of Truth must dwell in the heart first, then the mouth speaks. My prayer is: "Give me, O LORD, a voice to proclaim Your Word, Your Word is Truth"

No comments:

Post a Comment