Wednesday, September 29, 2010

BREAKING OF BREAD

Thursday, September 30, 2010
I Corinthians 10: 16,17
The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? For we being many are one bread, and one body; for we are all partakers of that one bread.

I found a wonderful sentence in the Matthew Henry commentary on these verses: "Those who truly partake by faith have this communion with Christ, and one another; and those who eat the outward elements make profession of having this communion, of belonging to GOD and the blessed fraternity of his people and worshippers."

The practice of the breaking of bread is a statement of faith that we are part of the Body of Christ in the world. We belong to GOD and we belong to one another as a very large family, washed clean by the Blood of JESUS and knit together in love.

Those who read this WORD FROM THE WORD are part of my family. Where the LORD is, all who are in Him and commune with Him in the Breaking of Bread, are present to each other by the Holy Spirit. When we eat the bread and drink from the cup of Blessing, we are, by faith united in Him. JESUS said: "I in them and thou in me that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world might know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me." (John 17: 23).

JESUS LOVES US, THIS I KNOW, FOR THE LORD JESUS TELLS US SO.

No comments:

Post a Comment