Friday, May 13, 2011

HANNAH, THE BLESSED MOTHER

Saturday, May 14, 2011
I Samuel 1: 17, 18
Then Eli answered and said, "Go in peace, and the GOD of Israel grant thee thy petition that thou hast asked of Him". And she said, " Let thine handmaid find grace in thy sight". So the woman went her way, and did eat, and her countenance was no more sad.

First, I want to apologize for the one missed day. Last night, the blog was down for repair, so I could not post the Word from the Word. I had to remember the focus of this week's Scripture, so I put myself and the Word from the Word in the hand of GOD. Troubles had come to my blog, so I prayed and released the work to the LORD, this brought great peace. Sometimes we get an opportunity to live the Scripture and its meaning, not just write about it.

In these verses from I Samuel, Hannah had poured out her heart to GOD with tears and with fasting, she could not eat because of her grief. Eli, the priest, was a witness to her torment, and asked her to explain herself. When she did, Eli agreed with her prayer and sent her forth with a blessing.

The blessing of Eli should be a part of our ministry with others who are in deep pain. He said, "Go in peace, and the GOD of Israel grant thee thy petition that thou hast asked of Him". Many times; I would say, most of the time, people who ask us to pray with them, only want us to agree with them and give them the blessing of the LORD. I like to ask a person, how can I agree with you in prayer, what are your requests of GOD? Then I bless them in the Name of JESUS.

The Blessing of the LORD brings peace to a troubled heart.
In the case of Hannah, her countenance changed and she was able to eat. In the case of many troubled souls, agreement by a person of prayer and the blessing of the LORD in the Name of JESUS, brings a swift change in the others life. Peace will follow and the reaction to the circumstances will change the outcome, and the LORD will be glorified.

MAY THE LORD BLESS YOU AND KEEP YOU; MAY HE GRANT YOUR PETITIONS AND BRING YOU HIS PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment